Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Resistance Training.


I find that the more I read about exercise, and the different ways of going about it, the more I learn! You will be surprised how much knowledge other people have of exercise and training as well from their own personal experience.

I am currently looking into resistance training. This helps build up your bodies muscle tone. Now I didn’t think of my muscles, I thought exercise was all about the cardio my thoughts were actually incorrect! Resistance training helps fight the flab as the muscles you are building up use your bodies fat stores. Now apparently if you build up your muscle tone to a certain extent those muscles could burn fat during your sleep!

There seems to be many different types of resistance exercise you can do. I have been shown exercises where all you need is a bench! Push ups, sit ups, chin ups, dips, squats and lunges all help. Now with this kind of exercise don’t expect to be able to do 50 squats your very first try! You need to build it up, gradually increasing the amount (or weight depending on what you are doing) to the point you would like to reach. However weights are often used and you can use the rubber bands as well.

Now I was talking to Anna about this who said that you will find that as soon as you start working on your muscle tone you will find that it helps burn the fat in all areas of your body! She would know as this is what happened to her personally when she very first began training. It certainly sounds like it would help speed up the whole process of losing weight.

I am going to start of doing more resistance training. I think a starting point of 5 of each where you don’t really require any equipment will be sufficient enough. I am thinking that with this kind of training you also need to be careful as you could probably easily over do it and will not be able to move the next day! I hope to buy some light weights to train with once I get the funds to do so. I think I could also benefit from having the weights that you wear around your wrists whilst walking.

I found the following article quite an interesting read:

http://www.medicinenet.com/weight_lifting/article.htm

It also links to a lot of other articles which would be interesting to take a look at!

No comments:

Post a Comment